Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy 2013!

Am finally back to blogging after neglecting this space the past coupla months :(
Thank you to everyone of you who have been encouraging me to blog and update again..

So much has happened the past year and all I'm truly grateful for my friends and family. 
Time to leave the past where it belongs and move on.
May 2013 be a better year :)

This is gonna be a short update and I need to rave about Les Misérables!!
Disclaimer: There are spoilers in this so do not read if you haven't seen the movie.

Les Mis was really nothing short of... beautiful. The cinematography, the cast, the backdrop and the way the plot aligned itself so close to Victor Hugo's novel. I enjoyed every minute in the theatre, gripping the arms of my chair whenever Javert closed in on Jean Valjean, feeling my heart shatter when dying Eponine was happiest in her lover's arms and sharing Fantine's despondence during her epic solo performance. 
Anne Hathaway was INCREDIBLE. She really took my breath away...and I am not particularly crazy about musicals but now I want to see the Les Mis musical production - definitely on my bucket list. The casting was impeccable. Always been a fan of Hugh Jackman but now I'm an even bigger one :D Also casting Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen as two of the novel's (possibly) least-loved characters was a stroke of genius! They brought such great comic relief to the sombre plot.. Oh man I could go on. This movie truly brought Victor Hugo's story to life, and I cannot imagine it done any other way.

A HUGE THANK YOU to ilovebooks.com  for a pair of tickets to the movie!
Gege and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves :)



ilovebooks.com  allows book lovers to buy their e-books and read them anywhere at anytime on their devices. And you can download the e-book for Les Mis HERE if you're interested!

Will definitely be back with more updates!
Here's wishing you and your loved ones a blessed and fruitful 2013! :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

$('#divID img').each(function(){ $(this).addClass(600> 400 ? 'landscape' : 'portrait'); });